Re: [oc] new project...MP3 (audio) core?

Hi All,

It is true about the patents that only encoders are charged with royalties and decoders you can make for free. Thinking about this block for a long time, we got to think that a hardware approach should not give such a good benefit in any respect (size, power, speed??, flexibility) but if you think otherwise I would like to hear it. Also it would be nice to support the other standards such as Ogg (which is the free one).

I also wanted to add that there is a nice academic work that was available over the net with VHDL code on implementing a decoder for MP3 half CPU half DSP based - take a look - don't remember where it is.

Lior

volodya@mindspring.com
Sent by: owner-cores@opencores.org
07/18/2001 10:17 AM AST