Re: [oc] new project...MP3 (audio) core?

> I didn't see anything in the archive about this so here goes...
>
> I would like to get feedback on building an MP3 (audio layer) core. Any
> interest?
Yes. I am surely interested. We had little discussion a few weeks ago about
MP3 decoder and with Damjan we did some analyses about it.
I have finished working on porting MAD MP3 player (GNU GPLed) to or1k.
size and speed optimized version of MAD player now works with or1ksim.
Results look very promising, but unfortunately I had to make to many changes
to MAD player it my changes are not included in the official MAD release.
With small modifications to or1k core, it can work realy great with less
than 25MHz. It should also work on faster FPGAs.

Regarding patent issues - only encoders are patented.
Decoders are free.

have a nice time,
    Marko