Re: [oc] Configuration Bit Stream Generators

At 09:51 AM 7/22/01 -0500, you wrote:

> Are there any opensource configuration bitstream generators
> for FPGAs from Xilinx, Atmel, etc?

Why you need the opensource generator ? I understand it, if you want to go to
the Linux platform.
But if you want just some free generator, it is included in the Xilinx WebPack
which is available free of charge from their Web.
BTW, I doubt that there will be any opensource generator, because Xilinx is
using the proprietary format as a method for securing the Intellectual
Property. It means that nobody should be able to reverse engineer the FPGA
structure from bitstream, which can be easily captured between the PROM and
FPGA.

Best regards

PavelK