[oc] System board design.

Hey, I want to start a computer company.

The computers I want to make will be integrated single-board computer
modules resembling, in some ways, the slot based processor modules we
have seen in recient years.

Systems will be built to support these processors and connect them to
varrious external devices. What I need is a southbridge chipset that
supports 64b x 66MHZ PCI and a number of other buses, ports, and other
devices. The system bus must be extremely fast to support effective
multicomputer operation.

The overriding design objective is to acheive maximum possible product
lifespan both mechanicly and technologicly. (No more swapping out
motherboards every 18 months..)

There is no reason why this part of the system should be closed.

Completion of such a platform will greatly facilitate the adoption of
other products which may use it to communicate. It would also mitigate
the costs of developing a computer board as it would not need to include
perifferal busses...

--
Libertarians: Left wing conservatives. =)   www.lp.org
http://users.erols.com/alangrimes/  <my website.