Re: [oc] Re: [cdrom] OpenTech cdrom comments

At 14:18 6/08/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Howdy,
>
>I would like to see IEEE standards on the CDROM, such as,
>1284 parallel port, 1394 firewire, 802.3, USB, HUB, Device Bay,
>Card Bus, PCMCIA, etc. Probably both in Verilog and VHDL
>or at least have a free translator which goes between the two languages.

Think you be breaching copywrite if you do this...ieee when I last checked
sold their standards.

>Also, glue logic to go between various functions, oh yes, just
>like another standard.  Something we can all connect to and still
>use all of these building blocks in a very easy fashion. Perhaps
>we can all pitch in and develop a specification of sorts to interconnect
>all of these various blocks together.

This you could do as it would be your own standard...I reality I think it
would be a waste of time as glue logic is trivial at the best of times.  A
standard of describing interconnections on the other hand would be useful.

tony

Tony Clark
HDL Electronics Pty Ltd
Contract VHDL, FPGA, ASIC and Electronic Design Services
Mobile: +46 702 894 667