[oc] mini kernel

Hi.

I'm trying to design a small MIPS core (similar to an R3000) for an
independent-study project at school.  Eventually I'd like to put it on an
FPGA (Xilinx Virtext 2000 E), and do something useful with it.

Right now I have implemented all of the MIPS stuff in Verilog except for CP0
and the FPU.  Now I want to add virtual memory, but I need to have some kind
of little OS / kernel that will handle paging for me.  All I really need it
to do is handle the various TLB miss exceptions, so I can make sure my CP0
stuff works.

Does anyone know if there's something freely available that does what I
want?  Or does anyone have any suggestions for me?

thanks!!!!

ck