Re: [oc] Newbie question - matricies and vectors for physics

On Tuesday 27 May 2003 09:38 pm, Sam Hale wrote:
> Forgive me for asking dumb questions, but I'm new at this stuff.
>
> I've been wondering if there were any cores that can use matricies
> such as are used in 3d transforms in graphics and also for solving
> sets of linear equations. My intrest lies in the lack of hardware
> available devoted to even simple Newtonian physics. Hardware
> devoted to collision detection and field interactions would also go
> a long way in the educational and research fields.
>
> Thank you for your time.

We use matrices for generating the LDPC decoder core:
  http://www.opencores.org/projects/cf_ldpc/

The binary sparce matrics describe the bipartite graph between message
nodes and check nodes, as well as decoding operations.  The
Confluence source code shows how matrices can be used to generate
HDL:
  http://www.launchbird.com/freeip.html

Regards,
Tom