Re: [pci] with PROM or without ?

On Thursday 19 June 2003 10:18, Nico Weling wrote:
> Hi Cristian,
>
> >1_ Without PROM is XC device directly configurable, and is more than ONE
> > time
>
> configurable ?
>
> Yes it is directly configurable, and it is more than ONE time configurable.
>
> >	I see some config jumper wich figure XC device to use PROM or not but
>
> not sure
>
> >of disadvantages without PROM.
> >2_ Is there disadvantages without PROM ? If yes what ?
>
> Disadvantage of not using PROM is that you need to reflash the core every
> time you remove the power. If you flash a PROM this will also be there
> after removing the power supply (PROM can also be flashed many times). The
> next time you connect the power you can automatically "boot/load the core"
> to the FPGA from the PROM.

First I bugg again you because lack of downloading pdf-s from xilinx.com ...
so info are harder to get, more easyer to send out an email ....

Thank you very much !!

----------------------------------
Oh noo bad news .... must do 900km for aquire one ... from the neighboor country ...

Last 2 very stupid Q:

1_ Prom is refleshable more than One time ? (when hear PROM i remember something OTP)
2_ Is there requirements on what minimal model can I use with the XC2S200-208 device ?
(I strongly prefer non BGA pinout PROM because lack of PCB)

_ONLY_ what can I aquire is:

   For Spartan Family:
   XC17S05PD8C
   XC17S10XLPD8C