From: owner-pci@opencores.org [mailto:owner-pci@opencores.org]On Behalf
Of suhtw@ece.gatech.edu
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2002 6:03 PM
To: pci@opencores.org
Subject: [pci] MSI question

Hi,

I am a grad student in Georgia Tech. While I was reading a book, PCI
System Architecture, I came up with a question. It's about MSI
(Message Signaled Interrupt).

Book says in p255, PCI System Architecture, when the device must
generate an interrupt request, it writes the Message Data register
contents to the memory address specified in its Message Address
register.

I wonder how possibly the device, I think it's one of target devices, can
initiate a write transaction to PCI bus ?

I would appreciate it if you answer the question.
Thank you

Taeweon