[openrisc] GDB remote serial protocol and JTAG

Hi:

   I have a question about GDB protocol. I see that GDB comunicates
through the GDB remote serial protocol defined in the GDB manual but
while I take a look to the jp1 code and the or1ksim code I see that they
dont use these protocol to comunicate. They use some structs like
JTAGProxyWriteMessage and others. I was looking the GDB code but I
didnt see any traslation between GDB serial protocol and these protocol.
Is these translation in any GDB file? or1kGDB use remote serial protocol?

Thanks again