Re: [openrisc] Re: binutils, gcc and Linux on the OpenRISC [repost]

> Andreas,
>
> the idea with the ROM sounds cool. Now if I understand you correctly, the
device table in ROM could be used for two things:
> 1) to tell the software where to find specific devices (UART, VGA, audio
etc)
> 2) optionally, to tell the software where to put the devices (optionally I
say because in some systems devices would be pre-wired to specific addresses
to reduce silicon area and increase performance)

> Is number 2 correct?
>
> Does anyone see any problem with Andreas' sugggestion? What are the
disadvantages?
I like the idea too.
It would require some extra work. Still I would keep ORP platform as a
recommedation (everyone should use it if they don't have any special
reasons to do it otherwise), this way most of the tables should be
compatible -- with some 30 users we would get a mess and a extra
configuration
file for every person using it.

Marko