Re: [openrisc] binutils, gcc and Linux on the OpenRISC [repost]

> Q1: should I get an account to commit these (small) changes?

Let me know if you still didn't get the account (assuming you applied for it).
And like Marko said, please be careful what you do in the CVS (do not break something that
you don't need - you never know who needs that)

> After they where sucessfully installed, I tryed to compile gcc.  I didn't
> have much luck.

Following web instructions should give you correctly installed toolchain. If you add targets, or change something,
please help us maintain web instructions.

> Q3: Are there any documents about the whole system, processor, bus, memory,
> everything?

Not yet. You might want to have a look at or1k/xess. There you will actually find a system that does work in HW. ;-)
You can see that it uses 32-bit data buses and 32-bit address buses and that it is big endian. And that addresses and interrupts
somewhat follow ORP (ORP and xess env. will change in the following days).
Anyway OR1200 is softcore and OpenRISC architecture does not impose any restrictions on the kind of architecture must be used in the
system. But ORP will eventually define a reference system so that porting operating systems will be easier. For now you can easily play
with different system using the or1ksim and different sim.cfg configurations. Just like Marko said.

> Q4: Are there any documents about the boot process?

Maybe you want also ta have a look at very simple example (uClinux can be quite complex example ;-) Have a look at or1k/xess/xsv_fpga/sw/orp_mon

If you manage to get Linux running on or1ksim, we can send you a prototype board to see how it would works on real HW (if you want to). ;-)
Otherwise we'll try it for you.

regards,
Damjan