Re: [openppc] bplan PPC board

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 06:39:19PM -0500, Henry Keultjes wrote:
> There were some recent posts asking about availability of a PowerPC board.  While I am now pursuing my goal of growing the PowerPC market via Darwin, because of the microkernel architecture, and Apple hardware, I am very glad to provide this information for the purpose of helping grow the overall PowerPC market.
>
> bplan sample boards will be available to developers in about 4-6 weeks as single cpu systems (G3/G4). Dual 7450 systems are following about 4 weeks later (cpu cards will be user upgradable). bplan will have a developer registration program for those boards at their web site at mid of next week. Developer boards will be available at normal retail price (but ~10 weeks in advance to normal production) of about $600 for a G3@450MHz single cpu system.

Do you have more specific information about the board, The fact that they only
speak about the relatively low speed powerpc processors only has me a bit
worried.

Do you knowif it will also work with the new G3 from IBM, or the 7440, which
integrate the cache on die, and have different pin count ?

Will the multiplier settings and other such be enough for the newer processors
?

Friendly,

Sven Luther