Re: [openppc] bplan PPC board

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 06:39:19PM -0500, Henry Keultjes wrote:

> There were some recent posts asking about availability of a PowerPC
board.  While I am now pursuing my goal of growing the PowerPC market via
Darwin, because of the microkernel architecture, and Apple hardware, I am
very glad to provide this information for the purpose of helping grow the
overall PowerPC market.

> bplan sample boards will be available to developers in about 4-6 weeks
as single cpu systems (G3/G4). Dual 7450 systems are following about 4
weeks later (cpu cards will be user upgradable). bplan will have a
developer registration program for those boards at their web site at mid
of next week. Developer boards will be available at normal retail price
(but ~10 weeks in advance to normal production) of about $600 for a
G3@450MHz single cpu system.

Anyone know what bridge chip this is using? Is it the Artica chip?

Who is doing the SMP bring-up work? I'd like very much to talk to whomever
is doing the linux bring-up on this board about getting the code into the
'mainline' linux kernel..

--
Troy Benjegerdes | master of mispeeling | 'da hozer' |  hozer@drgw.net
-----"If this message isn't misspelled, I didn't write it" -- Me -----