Re: [oc] ocrp1

> Both Altera and Xilinx have impressive proto boards that are equipped
> with big FPGAs, comes with tools for SW and HS development and with a
> price that make them very affordable and impressive value for money.
>
> See:
> http://altera.com/products/devkits/kit-dev_platforms.html
> http://xilinx.com/xlnx/xil_prodcat_product.jsp?title=protoboards_protoboards_page

  Well there might be a compelling reason to do so in order to get to
grips with integrating a fpga in a product :-) , this is the reason for
my curiosity about building the proto board myself.

  I really want to be sure that I understand the timing problems and so
on that are encountered in using fpga's since I am working on an
upcoming product which will incorporate fpga's.

  Also I am currently investigating different synthesis toolsand options
so it would be nice to do towo things at once :-)

  Btw. if we get 'go' on our design we do intend to contribute some code
to opencores :-)

  The reason for NOT choosing some vendor board is thus to be a bit
vendor independent, learn from experience and get some practice before
it we have to get it right.