Re: [oc] ocrp1

Aloha!

Lars Segerlund wrote:
> Damjan Lampret wrote:
>
>> There isn't any specific board. Some use third party boards, some of them
>> coming from FPGA vendors etc.
>>

>   So do you think it is worth the trouble building the ocrp1 ? or is it
> a legacy board ?

Lars, unless it's for personal/hobby reasons (it's fun and educational to
build PCBs) or you have really unique requirements (10 FPGAs in a cluster for
example) there is certainly no real reason for building general proto boards
yourself.

Both Altera and Xilinx have impressive proto boards that are equipped with big
FPGAs, comes with tools for SW and HS development and with a price that make
them very affordable and impressive value for money.

See:
http://altera.com/products/devkits/kit-dev_platforms.html
http://xilinx.com/xlnx/xil_prodcat_product.jsp?title=protoboards_protoboards_page

For more info contact your Altera or Xilinx dealer/support. If you need some
pointers to contacts in Sweden, drop me a mail.

--
Med vänlig hälsning, Yours

VP, Research & Development