Re: [oc]

On Friday 02 August 2002 02:01, Adam Hunt wrote:
> I'm interested in using some of the opencores for a thin client solution
> that I have been thinking about lately.  The problem is I am new to FPGA
> design and I don't know how to figure out how much functionality I can cram
> into a single chip.  I'm interested in the VGA, USB 2.0, ethernet and
> possibly the OCIDEC ATA core with a PCI bridge.  How do I figure out how
> big of a FPGA I would need?
the size can vary greatly depending on the speed you want to achieve, and how
you configure the cores;
you will also need memory controller I suppose and possibly RISC?
I suggest compiling the cores with FPGA tool -- there you can take a look into
the logs and get an impression. Some cores also have areas estimated.
But I suppose you will need quite large FPGA, like XCV1600.

best regards,
Marko