Re: [oc] Development Boards

> Development boards for FPGA programming are quite expensive. The cheapest
I could find was $450.

Have you seen the BurchED boards and plug-on modules?
They are low cost, high performance boards, that come
with a download cable (JTAG and serial mode configuration),
and work with the free Xilinx WebPACK software (VHDL and Verilog).

The B5-Spartan2e+ board, with an XC2S300E 300K gate FPGA,
is excellent value at US$190.
http://www.burched.com.au/B5Spartan2.html

The modular system allows the user to add only the
plug-on modules wanted, or just to use the main board
with user-designed interfaces.

International orders are very welcome.

Best regards
Tony Burch
http://www.BurchED.com
Low cost FPGA boards, for System-On-Chip
prototyping and education

boards on a section on www.opencores.org ?

> I would like PCB:s and items lists for some boards together with
descriptrions on how to make a suitable JTAG cable, and what free (gratis ot
free) software that can be used with them.

> The FPGA's themsalf are not very expensive, and I believe many opencores
interested can create a PCM and solder on the chips themself.