Re: [oc] Jim Turley's article at Embedded.com

The misconception people have about free IP is based on
the "for sale IP". I was in the business, and a lot of it was
abysimal in quality. Some of my own firms was terrible,
I spent a good year redesigning it. There were a lot of
"garage shops" opened making IP, and like I said a lot
of it was very poor. A lot of these outfits ran on a shoestring,
and probably didnt know how to build a quality product.
    My own experience with Free Ip is that its generally
not bad, and some very good. The good stuff generally comes
from people who love what they are doing, a labor of love.
    Bill Dittenhofer