[oc] Re: Jim Turley's article at Embedded.com

Hi!

Just my to cents...

I also think that the article was basically a FUD. However some of the
issues he mentions are really there. I can remember discussions of some of
the topics (i.e. how free open-IP really is) on this very list. Also even if
this is a FUD and even most of the arguments are not true, the article might
show a common opinion of open-IP over the industry. I think we should take
things like this more seriously especially if they are not true. Just a
side-note: even open-source SW had (and has) a really hard time getting into
the big companies. And that's true and digging into the reasons should do us
good.

Andras Tantos