[oc] Multi-layer PCB boards, can it be done in your kitchen?

Hi,

in my never-ending quest to get a XC2S200-6FG456C mounted onto a development
board for
my I/O hungry projects I was wondering if anybody had experience of either:

1. making their own multi-layer PCB boards or

2. how much would it cost for say a run of 50 boards to be manufactured by a
PCB fabricator
would be?

If you design the boards layer by layer, glue them together, drill the holes
and fix the
mounting posts for the inter-layer connections can it be done at home? I'm
not equipped
to try this just yet but I foresee this as being the only way to get a
456-Spartan II
onto my own boards at the moment. Are the virgin copper clad boards of
sufficient quality
to allow this overlaying?

On a simpler note, does anybody know a good source for SIMM or DIMM sockets?
I need some
serious storage space on my FPGA board so am going to fit some SIMM sockets
onto it. I
can also fit DIMMs but their high I/O count and high density connectors will
make the
soldering a pain until I can get a DIMM daughterboard made up so prefer
SIMMs for now.
I have quite a few old 4MB, 8MB,16MB and 32MB SIMMs just sitting here
collecting dust
so might as well use them for something.

Thanks

Paul
paul.mcfeeters@ntlworld.com
"I'm not crazy, I'm sane its just the rest of the world that's crazy."