Re: [oc] Re: Need a little direction

Hi Kothari ,
I didn't understand some of your points , When u say the that you want the
openhardware to reach the masses do u mean consumer items ? something like
a MP3 decoder or a high end IP router ?
	ON comparing linux with openhardware i feel that users needn't
spend any money in trying or accepting linux on their PC. But in hardware
the scenario is different . NO commercialy available hardware can be
adjusted by the user . Even if i have better rouiting algorithm i can't
try it in a bought out system . THe only solution (i feel) is to have a
board where i can try out things. And such boards are already available
from the FPGA vendors . BUt if i want a Keyboard driver on to the board
then i can get one from opencores.I feel opencores is already marching
towards  that goal . Different users might have different demands on their
board . SO how is it possible to define what must fit in to the board
. Maybe u can start projects which u think must come in YOUR board . and
later when needed u just download all the cores in to the fpga .
AM i in line with what u said ?

K.G.Nanda Kumar
Senior Research Engineer
Satellite Communication