[oc] vhdl coding conventions

Hi I have the following comments on the proposed coding styles
"http://www.openip.org/oc/projects/conventions.htm"

1. Global vs. local signals what is the meaning of them. Global means global
for the architecture and local for the process, procedure and function I do
not think we should use this kind of signals?
2. again what is the meaning of driving module when the signal is Z stated it
can has multiple drivers so which one of them should be considered.
3. REG prefix should be added to register names, but as far as I know that
signals are synthesized into registers or flip flops so it should be
considered as signal name.
4. some signals are clocked and other are used in combinational logic so we
should make a distinction between them for example clocked signals should has
_q suffix or something similar in the attribute field. Since clocked buses are
converted into registers they should contain the suffix REG.
5. Process name should indicate if it is a clocked process or combinational.
6. Configurations should have the suffix _cfg

pls: replay to khatib@ieee.org

Thanks
Jamil Khatib
OpenIP Organization http:/www.openip.org