Re: [oc] hi

Hi Govind,

Coments embedded.

>hi all,
>i have become really interested about this idea of opencore. i have
been going
>through this mail conversation. one thing i felt was we should move
forward
>and think about other important things also.....like
>1) Who will review the code/design/related documents once code has
finished?
>--certainly the same person should not do all these things if u r
expecting a
>high quality product
>2) who will do the final testing?

When a new core is being designed, obviously there will be more than one
designers involved in developing various modules. On completion of
coding and the first round of unit testing by the same designer, later
the modules can be exchanged among other designers for reviewing and
testing.

>ofcource once the code is up on the web people will always look into it
and
>notify errors/bugs etc but before that happens it will be good if we
deliver a
>quality product.

Obviously after two rounds of testing, it will now be the turn of users
to point out the bugs if any.

>we should lay down an entire process so as to ensure a quality job.
>
>am i thinking on the right line.......

Yeah, u are absolutely right.

>one more thing is i would be very much interested in working on MAC
unit, i
>would like to know who is working on it and r they interested to let me
join
>the team.

In fact, I am working on the MAC design. U are always welcome to the
team. Hope that Damjan also has no objections.
Within this weekend, I will be putting up the pre-implementation doc and
the probable architecture of the MAC.

So wait for the architecture to come up (hardly 2 days more).

Cheers
Harish
Tired of limited space on Yahoo and Hotmail?
Free 100 Meg email account available at http://www.dacafe.com