[openppc] Graphics on PowerPC based boards

Hello to everyone interested in PowerPC,
I have seen some discussion about integration of graphic-controller into
chipset. I think this is a wish, but no silicon manufacturer will do this the
next time.
So my question: Why not taking the new fast interface RAPIDIO and developing
a FPGA-based graphics controller und connect it to the new PowerPCs/Chipset
from Motorola or Tundra?
I have seen a RapidIO core wish also on the opencores-page. This could be the
base......
Best regards,
Bernhard