Re: [openppc] Open PowerPC from Tratechnoloy

> Tratechnology had announced "Open PowerPC" platform motherboard, based on Articia chipset:
>
> http://www.penguinppc.org/articles/tgall/pop.shtml
>
> "The early board that I have is built around  MentorArc's (now Mai Logic) ArticiaS with a 750CX. The current derivation that I have has
> 4 PCI slots, 1 AGP slot, IDE and plenty of other goodies. As I understand the next revision (called Barbie) should have added to the design dual gigabit ethernet, a 750FX processor, IDE RAID and probably some other fun things while removing the floppy controller"

The only thing is the evaluation board costs $3900, as listed on their web site: http://www.mai.com/product/Teron%20CX.html

This compares to the Pegasos at 650 Euros for the basic board (G3 400), with processors upto the highest current speed (1GHz) available as and when (at an unknown price however!). But still, it's good to see actual POP boards :-)

Alasdair