[ethmac] MAC frame memory

Hi,

I'm new in network and trying to understand this MAC controller. I was
wondering why there is no memory to store the ethernet frame in the
MAC controller. It seems to me that if the host want to send out a
frame, it just transfer the frame to the controller 32 bits by 32 bits. Am
I right? If it is, how can the MAC controller ensure to transmit the whole
frame continually if there is no frame memory in it?

Any comments in this regard are highly appreciated.

wilton