Re: [oc] Clock frequency generator

I did not understand your target, what do you meen by matching it with the system clock or comparing it with system clock ? unother question is that what is the sensitivity list of the process that generat this clock ? I hope we can more helpful if you explain that.
Regards

cool_canguy@indiatimes.com wrote:
hello,

i am looking to match the system clock with a square wave in VHDL. so
in my code for SQ wave...if I am generating wave as below

counter := counter + 1;

if counter = 40 then
sqwave_out <= '1';
end if;

if counter = 80 then
sqwave_out <= '0';
counter := 0;
end if;

where sqwave_out is the sq. wave then how can I match the system
clk with this wave. ie compare both...can someone demonstrate this to
me in VHDL code?

many thanks,
Victor