Rep:Re: [oc] any sugestions??

-----Message d'origine-----
De: Shehryar Shaheen <shehryar.shaheen@ul.ie>
A: cores@opencores.org
Date: 15/10/02
Objet: Re: [oc] any sugestions??

The command line vesion does not come with an integrated waveform
display but otherwise it's quite fast and has no limits on speed vs
design size.
In this case u can only debug using texio

The script Visiblt is ok but if the .lst file is large (which in most
cases is)
it be comes very slow & will take a long time for the display to load
up.

There is another utility for converting .lst files to .vcd files but
that has some limitations as well

>>> Which limitations ? If .lst could be cleanly converted to .vcd, can
we use gtkwave to read the vcd file ?

The end line is u can't get the best of every thing for FREE!

>>> ? Have you heard about free software ? Gimp, Apache, Perl, Gnome,
Kde, Python, Php, Gcc, Mosix, Linux, *BSD, Mozilla, Savannah, Wikipedia,
openOffice.org, Transcode, OggVorbis, openssh, gpg, Mysql, PostgreSQL,
aren't good enought ? It's free in a sense of "libre". And there mostly
much better than there proprietary counter part !
Alliance is not finish but it's first goal was to design a complete
suite of EDA tools.
nicO

Cheers Mate