From: owner-cores@opencores.org [mailto:owner-cores@opencores.org]On Behalf Of Yair Amitay
Sent: 13 January 2002 13:59
Cc: cores@opencores.org
Subject: Re: [oc] LVDS core

Hi,

I agree, it is a circuit design. Your attached doc describes it well.
So it is not relevant for opencores.

Thanks,
Yair.

rudi@opencores.org wrote:
200201131342.OAA17584@iza.mr2.si type="cite">
You are looking for someone to design a low-voltage
differential signaling IP core ? LVDS consists or a
transmitter and/or receiver, which one are you looking
for ?

I honestly doubt that this can be done in rtl, this is a
circuit design task. The receiver is usually an Op-Amp
type of a device, the transmitter a balanced differential
driver.

Here is a app note from Xilinx that gives a very nice
intro to LVDS:
http://www.xilinx.com/xapp/xapp230.pdf

Cheers !
rudi