Re: [oc] old/abandoned projects

On Friday 04 January 2002 15:37, Damjan Lampret wrote:
> Maybe we should consider also checking if a project is abandoned and
> it should be deleted. Or should a project remain on opencores
> forever, except it should be moved to something like a graveyard
> (maybe with an option that could be revived if someone would take it
> over)?

Deleting those projects would be a bad idea since you would lose a
sense of history in OC. New people would come in and start projects
almost exactly like those that had died out thinking they were the
first ones to have that idea.

It would be much better to move such projects to a special "inactive"
page and not have them show up in normal listings. It might also be
interesting to better separate "finished" and "in development" projects.

Eventually it might be a good idea to add an "obsolete" page for
projects that were finished a long time ago and should no longer be
used for new designs. Yes, I am sure OC will last that long...

-- Jecel