From: "sathish sathish" <sathishr@rediffmail.com>
To: <cores@opencores.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2001 11:09 AM
Subject: [oc] NEW PROJECT PROPOSAL(robotic arm controller )

> hello,
> I have Successfully developed a robotic arm controller (stepper motor
controller core) in VHDL.I want to publish it in www.opencores.org.please
permit me to do it. .here with i present the short describtion of my core.

> core description:
> robotic arm controller is developed in VHDL and it is fitted in  Cypress
C22V10 PAL IC.
> Synthesize Tool:Cypress Warp 4
> IC             :PAL C22V10
>
> Functionality:
> to control the stepping speed of stepper motor
> by full step mode
>    half step mode.
> to control the stepping direction of stepper motor
> by clockwise mode
>    anticlockwise mode.
>
> Interfacing Card:
> to drive the stepper motor  the collector of 4 darlington pair transistors
are connected to the windings of motor,a free-wheeling diode is connected
across each winding for fast switching.

> INPUTS:
> clock is given from clock generatorIC4060 to PAL IC .
> speed & direction control mode is selected and conrolled by input
switches of this robotic arm controller hardware board