Subject: CVE-2024-50068: mm/damon/tests/sysfs-kunit.h: fix memory leak in damon_sysfs_test_add_targets()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

mm/damon/tests/sysfs-kunit.h: fix memory leak in damon_sysfs_test_add_targets()

The sysfs_target->regions allocated in damon_sysfs_regions_alloc() is not
freed in damon_sysfs_test_add_targets(), which cause the following memory
leak, free it to fix it.

	unreferenced object 0xffffff80c2a8db80 (size 96):
	  comm "kunit_try_catch", pid 187, jiffies 4294894363
	  hex dump (first 32 bytes):
	    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................
	    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................
	  backtrace (crc 0):
	    [<0000000001e3714d>] kmemleak_alloc+0x34/0x40
	    [<000000008e6835c1>] __kmalloc_cache_noprof+0x26c/0x2f4
	    [<000000001286d9f8>] damon_sysfs_test_add_targets+0x1cc/0x738
	    [<0000000032ef8f77>] kunit_try_run_case+0x13c/0x3ac
	    [<00000000f3edea23>] kunit_generic_run_threadfn_adapter+0x80/0xec
	    [<00000000adf936cf>] kthread+0x2e8/0x374
	    [<0000000041bb1628>] ret_from_fork+0x10/0x20

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-50068 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit b8ee5575f763 and fixed in 6.11.5 with commit 05d43455f6bf
	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit b8ee5575f763 and fixed in 6.12-rc4 with commit 2d6a1c835685

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-50068
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	mm/damon/tests/sysfs-kunit.h

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/05d43455f6bffa6abc7b937ca58be00452e6973f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2d6a1c835685de3b0c8e8dc871f60f4ef92ab01a