Subject: CVE-2024-49990: drm/xe/hdcp: Check GSC structure validity

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/xe/hdcp: Check GSC structure validity

Sometimes xe_gsc is not initialized when checked at HDCP capability
check. Add gsc structure check to avoid null pointer error.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-49990 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.10.14 with commit c940627857ee
	Fixed in 6.11.3 with commit 7266a424b1e5
	Fixed in 6.12-rc1 with commit b4224f6bae38

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-49990
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/xe/display/xe_hdcp_gsc.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c940627857eedca8407b84b40ceb4252b100d291
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7266a424b1e502745170322e3c27f697d12de627
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b4224f6bae3801d589f815672ec62800a1501b0d