Subject: CVE-2024-49966: ocfs2: cancel dqi_sync_work before freeing oinfo

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ocfs2: cancel dqi_sync_work before freeing oinfo

ocfs2_global_read_info() will initialize and schedule dqi_sync_work at the
end, if error occurs after successfully reading global quota, it will
trigger the following warning with CONFIG_DEBUG_OBJECTS_* enabled:

ODEBUG: free active (active state 0) object: 00000000d8b0ce28 object type: timer_list hint: qsync_work_fn+0x0/0x16c

This reports that there is an active delayed work when freeing oinfo in
error handling, so cancel dqi_sync_work first.  BTW, return status instead
of -1 when .read_file_info fails.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-49966 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 2.6.29 with commit 171bf93ce11f and fixed in 5.10.227 with commit 14114d8148db
	Issue introduced in 2.6.29 with commit 171bf93ce11f and fixed in 5.15.168 with commit 4173d1277c00
	Issue introduced in 2.6.29 with commit 171bf93ce11f and fixed in 6.1.113 with commit bbf41277df8b
	Issue introduced in 2.6.29 with commit 171bf93ce11f and fixed in 6.6.55 with commit ef768020366f
	Issue introduced in 2.6.29 with commit 171bf93ce11f and fixed in 6.10.14 with commit a4346c04d055
	Issue introduced in 2.6.29 with commit 171bf93ce11f and fixed in 6.11.3 with commit 0d707a33c84b
	Issue introduced in 2.6.29 with commit 171bf93ce11f and fixed in 6.12-rc1 with commit 35fccce29feb

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-49966
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/ocfs2/quota_local.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/14114d8148db07e7946fb06b56a50cfa425e26c7
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4173d1277c00baeedaaca76783e98b8fd0e3c08d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bbf41277df8b33fbedf4750a9300c147e8f104eb
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ef768020366f47d23f39c4f57bcb03af6d1e24b3
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a4346c04d055bf7e184c18a73dbd23b6a9811118
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0d707a33c84b371cb66120e198eed3374726ddd8
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/35fccce29feb3706f649726d410122dd81b92c18