Subject: CVE-2024-49945: net/ncsi: Disable the ncsi work before freeing the associated structure

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net/ncsi: Disable the ncsi work before freeing the associated structure

The work function can run after the ncsi device is freed, resulting
in use-after-free bugs or kernel panic.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-49945 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.8 with commit 2d283bdd079c and fixed in 6.10.14 with commit f6ca58696749
	Issue introduced in 4.8 with commit 2d283bdd079c and fixed in 6.11.3 with commit dd41dab62f32
	Issue introduced in 4.8 with commit 2d283bdd079c and fixed in 6.12-rc2 with commit a0ffa68c70b3

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-49945
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/ncsi/ncsi-manage.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f6ca58696749268181f43150b3553f2bafd71e42
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/dd41dab62f32d9e9e0669af8459d12a93834b238
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a0ffa68c70b367358b2672cdab6fa5bc4c40de2c