Subject: CVE-2024-49898: drm/amd/display: Check null-initialized variables

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Check null-initialized variables

[WHAT & HOW]
drr_timing and subvp_pipe are initialized to null and they are not
always assigned new values. It is necessary to check for null before
dereferencing.

This fixes 2 FORWARD_NULL issues reported by Coverity.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-49898 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.10.14 with commit 3fc70ae048fe
	Fixed in 6.11.3 with commit 115b1a3b0944
	Fixed in 6.12-rc1 with commit 367cd9ceba19

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-49898
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dml/dcn32/dcn32_fpu.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3fc70ae048fe0936761b73b50700a810ff61e853
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/115b1a3b0944b4d8ef0b4b0c5a625bdd9474131f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/367cd9ceba1933b63bc1d87d967baf6d9fd241d2