Subject: CVE-2024-49897: drm/amd/display: Check phantom_stream before it is used

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Check phantom_stream before it is used

dcn32_enable_phantom_stream can return null, so returned value
must be checked before used.

This fixes 1 NULL_RETURNS issue reported by Coverity.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-49897 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.10.14 with commit 1decf695ce08
	Fixed in 6.11.3 with commit 3ba1219e299a
	Fixed in 6.12-rc1 with commit 3718a619a8c0

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-49897
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/resource/dcn32/dcn32_resource.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1decf695ce08e23d9ded6ce83d121b2282ce9899
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3ba1219e299ab5462b5cb374c2fa2a67af0ea190
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3718a619a8c0a53152e76bb6769b6c414e1e83f4