Subject: CVE-2024-49879: drm: omapdrm: Add missing check for alloc_ordered_workqueue

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm: omapdrm: Add missing check for alloc_ordered_workqueue

As it may return NULL pointer and cause NULL pointer dereference. Add check
for the return value of alloc_ordered_workqueue.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-49879 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.11 with commit 2f95bc6d324a and fixed in 5.10.227 with commit 2bda89735199
	Issue introduced in 4.11 with commit 2f95bc6d324a and fixed in 5.15.168 with commit e60b0d3b5aa2
	Issue introduced in 4.11 with commit 2f95bc6d324a and fixed in 6.1.113 with commit f37a1d9e5e22
	Issue introduced in 4.11 with commit 2f95bc6d324a and fixed in 6.6.55 with commit b57b53e8ffcd
	Issue introduced in 4.11 with commit 2f95bc6d324a and fixed in 6.10.14 with commit 0d71916694ac
	Issue introduced in 4.11 with commit 2f95bc6d324a and fixed in 6.11.3 with commit 334de68eda2b
	Issue introduced in 4.11 with commit 2f95bc6d324a and fixed in 6.12-rc1 with commit e794b7b9b929

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-49879
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/omapdrm/omap_drv.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2bda89735199683b03f55b807bd1e31a3857520b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e60b0d3b5aa2e8d934deca9e11215af84e632bc9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f37a1d9e5e22d5489309c3cd2db476dcdcc6530c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b57b53e8ffcdfda87d954fc4187426a54fe75a3d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0d71916694aceb207fefecf62dfa811ec1108bbd
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/334de68eda2b99892ba869c15cb59bc956fd9f42
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e794b7b9b92977365c693760a259f8eef940c536