Subject: CVE-2024-47753: media: mediatek: vcodec: Fix VP8 stateless decoder smatch warning

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

media: mediatek: vcodec: Fix VP8 stateless decoder smatch warning

Fix a smatch static checker warning on vdec_vp8_req_if.c.
Which leads to a kernel crash when fb is NULL.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-47753 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.19 with commit 7a7ae26fd458 and fixed in 6.6.54 with commit dbe5b7373801
	Issue introduced in 5.19 with commit 7a7ae26fd458 and fixed in 6.10.13 with commit 35cc704622b3
	Issue introduced in 5.19 with commit 7a7ae26fd458 and fixed in 6.11.2 with commit 3167aa42941b
	Issue introduced in 5.19 with commit 7a7ae26fd458 and fixed in 6.12-rc1 with commit b113bc7c0e83

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-47753
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/media/platform/mediatek/vcodec/decoder/vdec/vdec_vp8_req_if.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/dbe5b7373801c261f3ea118145fbb2caac5f9324
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/35cc704622b3a9bc02a4755d5ba80238eee3cdc2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3167aa42941b68405a092df114453ef0f1b09c2c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b113bc7c0e83b32f4dd2d291a2b6c4803e0a2c44