Subject: CVE-2024-47723: jfs: fix out-of-bounds in dbNextAG() and diAlloc()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

jfs: fix out-of-bounds in dbNextAG() and diAlloc()

In dbNextAG() , there is no check for the case where bmp->db_numag is
greater or same than MAXAG due to a polluted image, which causes an
out-of-bounds. Therefore, a bounds check should be added in dbMount().

And in dbNextAG(), a check for the case where agpref is greater than
bmp->db_numag should be added, so an out-of-bounds exception should be
prevented.

Additionally, a check for the case where agno is greater or same than
MAXAG should be added in diAlloc() to prevent out-of-bounds.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-47723 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 5.10.227 with commit 0338e66cba27
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 5.15.168 with commit ead825332785
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 6.1.113 with commit 6ce8b6ab44a8
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 6.6.54 with commit c1ba4b8ca799
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 6.10.13 with commit 128d5cfdcf84
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 6.11.2 with commit 96855f40e152
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 6.12-rc1 with commit e63866a47556

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-47723
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/jfs/jfs_dmap.c
	fs/jfs/jfs_imap.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0338e66cba272351ca9d7d03f3628e390e70963b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ead82533278502428883085a787d5a00f15e5eb9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6ce8b6ab44a8b5918c0ee373d4ad19d19017931b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c1ba4b8ca799ff1d99d01f37d7ccb7d5ba5533d2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/128d5cfdcf844cb690c9295a3a1c1114c21fc15a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/96855f40e152989c9e7c20c4691ace5581098acc
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e63866a475562810500ea7f784099bfe341e761a