Subject: CVE-2024-47662: drm/amd/display: Remove register from DCN35 DMCUB diagnostic collection

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Remove register from DCN35 DMCUB diagnostic collection

[Why]
These registers should not be read from driver and triggering the
security violation when DMCUB work times out and diagnostics are
collected blocks Z8 entry.

[How]
Remove the register read from DCN35.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-47662 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.10.9 with commit eba4b2a38ccd
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit 466423c6dd8a

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-47662
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dmub/src/dmub_dcn35.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/eba4b2a38ccdf074a053834509545703d6df1d57
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/466423c6dd8af23ebb3a69d43434d01aed0db356