Subject: CVE-2024-46826: ELF: fix kernel.randomize_va_space double read

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ELF: fix kernel.randomize_va_space double read

ELF loader uses "randomize_va_space" twice. It is sysctl and can change
at any moment, so 2 loads could see 2 different values in theory with
unpredictable consequences.

Issue exactly one load for consistent value across one exec.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46826 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.1.110 with commit 1f81d51141a2
	Fixed in 6.6.51 with commit 53f17409abf6
	Fixed in 6.10.10 with commit 1cf8cd809030
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit 2a97388a807b

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46826
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/binfmt_elf.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1f81d51141a234ad0a3874b4d185dc27a521cd27
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/53f17409abf61f66b6f05aff795e938e5ba811d1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1cf8cd80903073440b6ea055811d04edd24fe4f7
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2a97388a807b6ab5538aa8f8537b2463c6988bd2