Subject: CVE-2024-46816: drm/amd/display: Stop amdgpu_dm initialize when link nums greater than max_links

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Stop amdgpu_dm initialize when link nums greater than max_links

[Why]
Coverity report OVERRUN warning. There are
only max_links elements within dc->links. link
count could up to AMDGPU_DM_MAX_DISPLAY_INDEX 31.

[How]
Make sure link count less than max_links.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46816 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.10.9 with commit 36c39a8dcce2
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit cf8b16857db7

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46816
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/36c39a8dcce210649f2f45f252abaa09fcc1ae87
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/cf8b16857db702ceb8d52f9219a4613363e2b1cf