Subject: CVE-2024-46814: drm/amd/display: Check msg_id before processing transcation

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Check msg_id before processing transcation

[WHY & HOW]
HDCP_MESSAGE_ID_INVALID (-1) is not a valid msg_id nor is it a valid
array index, and it needs checking before used.

This fixes 4 OVERRUN issues reported by Coverity.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46814 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.10.226 with commit 916083054670
	Fixed in 5.15.167 with commit fe63daf7b102
	Fixed in 6.1.109 with commit 0147505f0822
	Fixed in 6.6.50 with commit cb63090a17d3
	Fixed in 6.10.9 with commit 6590643c5de7
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit fa71face755e

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46814
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/hdcp/hdcp_msg.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/916083054670060023d3f8a8ace895d710e268f4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fe63daf7b10253b0faaa60c55d6153cd276927aa
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0147505f08220c89b3a9c90eb608191276e263a8
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/cb63090a17d3abb87f132851fa3711281249b7d2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6590643c5de74098d27933b7d224d5ac065d7755
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fa71face755e27dc44bc296416ebdf2c67163316