Subject: CVE-2024-46809: drm/amd/display: Check BIOS images before it is used

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Check BIOS images before it is used

BIOS images may fail to load and null checks are added before they are
used.

This fixes 6 NULL_RETURNS issues reported by Coverity.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46809 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.6.50 with commit e50bec62acae
	Fixed in 6.10.9 with commit e46b70a7cfed
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit 8b0ddf19cca2

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46809
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/bios/bios_parser.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e50bec62acaeec03afc6fa5dfb2426e52d049cf5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e46b70a7cfed71cb84e985c785c39c16df5c28cb
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8b0ddf19cca2a352b2a7e01d99d3ba949a99c84c