Subject: CVE-2024-46808: drm/amd/display: Add missing NULL pointer check within dpcd_extend_address_range

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Add missing NULL pointer check within dpcd_extend_address_range

[Why & How]
ASSERT if return NULL from kcalloc.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46808 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.10.9 with commit ca0b0b0a2230
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit 5524fa301ba6

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46808
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/link/protocols/link_dpcd.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ca0b0b0a22306f2e51105ac48f4a09c2fbbb504e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5524fa301ba649f8cf00848f91468e0ba7e4f24c