Subject: CVE-2024-46778: drm/amd/display: Check UnboundedRequestEnabled's value

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Check UnboundedRequestEnabled's value

CalculateSwathAndDETConfiguration_params_st's UnboundedRequestEnabled
is a pointer (i.e. dml_bool_t *UnboundedRequestEnabled), and thus
if (p->UnboundedRequestEnabled) checks its address, not bool value.

This fixes 1 REVERSE_INULL issue reported by Coverity.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46778 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.10.10 with commit 4e2b49a85e79
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit a7b38c785209

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46778
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dml2/display_mode_core.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4e2b49a85e7974d21364798c5d4aa8070aa864d9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a7b38c7852093385d0605aa3c8a2efd6edd1edfd