Subject: CVE-2024-46730: drm/amd/display: Ensure array index tg_inst won't be -1

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Ensure array index tg_inst won't be -1

[WHY & HOW]
tg_inst will be a negative if timing_generator_count equals 0, which
should be checked before used.

This fixes 2 OVERRUN issues reported by Coverity.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46730 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.10.9 with commit a64284b9e199
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit 687fe329f18a

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46730
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/core/dc_resource.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a64284b9e1999ad5580debced4bc6d6adb28aad4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/687fe329f18ab0ab0496b20ed2cb003d4879d931