Subject: CVE-2024-44989: bonding: fix xfrm real_dev null pointer dereference

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

bonding: fix xfrm real_dev null pointer dereference

We shouldn't set real_dev to NULL because packets can be in transit and
xfrm might call xdo_dev_offload_ok() in parallel. All callbacks assume
real_dev is set.

 Example trace:
 kernel: BUG: unable to handle page fault for address: 0000000000001030
 kernel: bond0: (slave eni0np1): making interface the new active one
 kernel: #PF: supervisor write access in kernel mode
 kernel: #PF: error_code(0x0002) - not-present page
 kernel: PGD 0 P4D 0
 kernel: Oops: 0002 [#1] PREEMPT SMP
 kernel: CPU: 4 PID: 2237 Comm: ping Not tainted 6.7.7+ #12
 kernel: Hardware name: QEMU Standard PC (Q35 + ICH9, 2009), BIOS 1.16.3-2.fc40 04/01/2014
 kernel: RIP: 0010:nsim_ipsec_offload_ok+0xc/0x20 [netdevsim]
 kernel: bond0: (slave eni0np1): bond_ipsec_add_sa_all: failed to add SA
 kernel: Code: e0 0f 0b 48 83 7f 38 00 74 de 0f 0b 48 8b 47 08 48 8b 37 48 8b 78 40 e9 b2 e5 9a d7 66 90 0f 1f 44 00 00 48 8b 86 80 02 00 00 <83> 80 30 10 00 00 01 b8 01 00 00 00 c3 0f 1f 80 00 00 00 00 0f 1f
 kernel: bond0: (slave eni0np1): making interface the new active one
 kernel: RSP: 0018:ffffabde81553b98 EFLAGS: 00010246
 kernel: bond0: (slave eni0np1): bond_ipsec_add_sa_all: failed to add SA
 kernel:
 kernel: RAX: 0000000000000000 RBX: ffff9eb404e74900 RCX: ffff9eb403d97c60
 kernel: RDX: ffffffffc090de10 RSI: ffff9eb404e74900 RDI: ffff9eb3c5de9e00
 kernel: RBP: ffff9eb3c0a42000 R08: 0000000000000010 R09: 0000000000000014
 kernel: R10: 7974203030303030 R11: 3030303030303030 R12: 0000000000000000
 kernel: R13: ffff9eb3c5de9e00 R14: ffffabde81553cc8 R15: ffff9eb404c53000
 kernel: FS:  00007f2a77a3ad00(0000) GS:ffff9eb43bd00000(0000) knlGS:0000000000000000
 kernel: CS:  0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
 kernel: CR2: 0000000000001030 CR3: 00000001122ab000 CR4: 0000000000350ef0
 kernel: bond0: (slave eni0np1): making interface the new active one
 kernel: Call Trace:
 kernel:  <TASK>
 kernel:  ? __die+0x1f/0x60
 kernel: bond0: (slave eni0np1): bond_ipsec_add_sa_all: failed to add SA
 kernel:  ? page_fault_oops+0x142/0x4c0
 kernel:  ? do_user_addr_fault+0x65/0x670
 kernel:  ? kvm_read_and_reset_apf_flags+0x3b/0x50
 kernel: bond0: (slave eni0np1): making interface the new active one
 kernel:  ? exc_page_fault+0x7b/0x180
 kernel:  ? asm_exc_page_fault+0x22/0x30
 kernel:  ? nsim_bpf_uninit+0x50/0x50 [netdevsim]
 kernel: bond0: (slave eni0np1): bond_ipsec_add_sa_all: failed to add SA
 kernel:  ? nsim_ipsec_offload_ok+0xc/0x20 [netdevsim]
 kernel: bond0: (slave eni0np1): making interface the new active one
 kernel:  bond_ipsec_offload_ok+0x7b/0x90 [bonding]
 kernel:  xfrm_output+0x61/0x3b0
 kernel: bond0: (slave eni0np1): bond_ipsec_add_sa_all: failed to add SA
 kernel:  ip_push_pending_frames+0x56/0x80

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-44989 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.9 with commit 18cb261afd7b and fixed in 5.10.225 with commit 21816b696c17
	Issue introduced in 5.9 with commit 18cb261afd7b and fixed in 5.15.166 with commit 2f72c6a66bcd
	Issue introduced in 5.9 with commit 18cb261afd7b and fixed in 6.1.107 with commit 7fa9243391ad
	Issue introduced in 5.9 with commit 18cb261afd7b and fixed in 6.6.48 with commit 4582d4ff413a
	Issue introduced in 5.9 with commit 18cb261afd7b and fixed in 6.10.7 with commit 89fc1dca79db
	Issue introduced in 5.9 with commit 18cb261afd7b and fixed in 6.11 with commit f8cde9805981

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-44989
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/bonding/bond_main.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/21816b696c172c19d53a30d45ee005cce246ed21
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2f72c6a66bcd7e0187ec085237fee5db27145294
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7fa9243391ad2afe798ef4ea2e2851947b95754f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4582d4ff413a07d4ed8a4823c652dc5207760548
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/89fc1dca79db5c3e7a2d589ecbf8a3661c65f436
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f8cde9805981c50d0c029063dc7d82821806fc44